All About Micro-Pavé
Rings with micro-pavé are extremely delicate because we're essentially manipulating very small bits of metal around tiny diamonds. We've worked for years to perfect our ratio of stone-to-metal, creating rings that are seamless and delicate, yet strong and secure. That said, our micro-pavé diamond rings are still more delicate than rings without these accent diamonds in place. Rings that feature the shimmer of micro-pavé diamond accents require a lighter touch, paired with a realistic understanding of care and maintenance, and a part of this understanding is accepting that your small diamonds will likely have to be replaced from time to time.
Micro-Pavé Diamond Replacement
Engagement Ring Care
- Do make sure your engagement ring is the last thing you put on in the morning and the first thing you take off in the evening.
- Do store your engagement ring in your Dana Walden ring box when it is not being worn.
- Do not wear your engagement ring during activities that may expose it to chemicals or a hard blow (i.e. sports, gardening, cleaning, etc.)
- Do not remove your ring by pulling at the center stone, which will weaken the prongs/setting over time; gently slide it off from the base instead.
- Do not wear your engagement ring while swimming or showering, as your fingers shrink in water.
- Do not wear your engagement ring while applying lotions, creams or make-up, as this will lead to a dulling build-up on your ring.
Cleaning Your Ring at Home
Professional Cleaning of Your Ring
Every Dana Walden client receives ONE (1) complimentary professional grade cleaning per year. The process involves a thorough ultra-sonic cleaning and steam clean that will leave your engagement ring sparkling.
If we find that your engagement ring is in need of repair or prong tightening when it is being inspected for cleaning, we will contact you via email.
If you'd like to schedule an engagement ring cleaning, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. A member of our team will schedule you with a 15-minute window to drop off your ring, as well as a 15-minute window to pick up your ring.
We will need to keep your engagement ring for about 7 business days. If you've already taken advantage of your annual engagement ring cleaning and would like an additional cleaning, the price is $60 per cleaning and will include a complimentary metal polish.