Caring For Your Engagement Ring—
Stone setting techniques have remained largely unchanged for hundreds of years. In essence, we are manipulating precious metal over and around gemstones in a way that balances their security and visibility. While our engagement rings are handcrafted to endure generations, they are not indestructible. Following the care instructions below will help you keep your engagement ring secure and beautiful for years to come.
- Do make sure your engagement ring is the last thing you put on in the morning and the first thing you take off in the evening.
- Do store your engagement ring in your Dana Walden ring box after wear.
- Do Not wear your engagement ring during activities that may expose it to chemicals or a hard blow (i.e. sports, gardening, cleaning, etc.)
- Do Not remove your ring by pulling at the center diamond or gemstone, which will weaken the prongs over time. Gently slide it off from the base instead.
- Do Not wear your engagement ring while swimming or showering, as your fingers shrink in water.
- Do Not wear your engagement ring while applying lotions, creams or make-up. This will lead to a dulling build-up on your ring.
Cleaning your ring at home
You can clean your ring at home by mixing warm water with a few drops of dish washing liquid in a small bowl. Let your ring soak for one minute. Using a very soft baby toothbrush, gently brush behind the stone where grime can collect. Rinse your ring thoroughly and pat to dry with a clean lint-free cloth. If you'd like a more thorough and immediate cleaning, we offer this service to our clients free of charge. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org fore more info.