The Right Way to Clean Your Engagement Ring at Home
It's easier than you think!
Stone setting techniques have remained largely unchanged for hundreds of years. In essence, we are manipulating precious metal over and around gemstones in a way that balances their security and visibility. But, while our engagement rings are handcrafted to endure generations, they are not indestructible and require some care.
Following the care instructions below will help you to keep your engagement ring clean and beautiful for years to come.
- Do make sure your engagement ring is the last thing you put on in the morning and the first thing you take off in the evening.
- Don't wear your engagement ring while applying lotions or other beauty products.
- Do store your engagement ring in your Dana Walden ring box after wear.
- Don't wear your engagement ring during activities that may expose it to harsh chemicals or a hard blow (i.e. sports, gardening, cleaning, etc.)
- Do clean your ring (using the process shown below), but be sure to use a gentle touch.
- Don't remove your ring by pulling at the center diamond or gemstone, which will weaken the prongs over time. Gently slide it off from the base instead.
- Don't wear your engagement ring while swimming or showering, as your fingers can shrink in water and chlorine can damage metals used to alloy gold for diamond settings.
How to Clean Your Ring at Home
Video courtesy The Knot/ YouTube
Step 1. You can clean your ring at home by mixing warm water with a few drops of dish washing liquid in a small bowl.
Step 2. Let your ring soak for 20-40 minutes.
Step 3. Using a very soft baby toothbrush, gently brush behind the stone where grime can collect.
Step 4. PLUG THE DRAIN then rinse your ring thoroughly.
Step 5. Pat to dry with a clean, lint-free cloth.
If you'd like a professional cleaning by Dana or Rad, we offer this annual service to our clients free of charge. Send an email to email@example.com for more information about annual cleanings today.
Remember, We're Here For You
We understand that sometimes things happen. If anything happens to your Dana Walden ring, or if you'd just prefer for us to handle the cleaning (annually), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll happily help.
Please note: Any DW warranties are void following work by external vendors.
Leave a comment