Without further ado, here are our top tips for keeping your ring clean and cared for:
- Do make sure your engagement ring is the last thing you put on in the morning and the first thing you take off in the evening.
- Don't wear your engagement ring while applying lotions or other beauty products.
- Do store your engagement ring in your Dana Walden ring box after wear.
- Don't wear your engagement ring during activities that may expose it to harsh chemicals or a hard blow (i.e. sports, gardening, cleaning, etc.)
- Do clean your ring (using the process shown below), but be sure to use a gentle touch.
- Don't remove your ring by pulling at the center diamond or gemstone, which will weaken the prongs over time. Gently slide it off from the base instead.
- Don't wear your engagement ring while swimming or showering, as your fingers can shrink in water and chlorine can damage metals used to alloy gold for diamond settings.
This information was originally published on our How to Clean and Care for Your Engagement Ring page, right here. Check it out for our favorite at-home cleaning tips, and more.